Located on Lincoln Avenue between South Bennighof and Runnymeade Avenues on the east side of Evansville. The city of about 130,000 is located on the Ohio River in the southwestern corner of Indiana. It is at the center of a tri-state area of Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois. One private, two inter-parochial, and six public schools provide an education for secondary students in the community. Two universities, one private and one state, are also located in the community. The local area is served by industry and agriculture.
Reitz Memorial’s original 13-acre track of land was purchased in 1922 thanks to our first benefactor Francis Joseph Reitz. New Year’s Day, 1925, Reitz Memorial High School was dedicated by Bishop Chartrand of Indianapolis. Classes began January 5, and the boys were taught by the Brothers of The Holy Cross and the girls by the Sisters of Providence.
Our Campus is made up of:
– Building with three wings that house spacious classrooms
– Six (6) science laboratories
– Two (2) art studios and a photo lab
– Band room with individual practice rooms
– Original auditorium with full stage
– Blessed Sacrament Chapel available to students and classes, with Mass offered each week
– Media center
– Full-size gym and auxiliary gym
– Soccer and Football (practice) stadiums on campus
– Baseball and Softball fields off campus
– Athletic Hall of Fame