Reitz Memorial High School has a strong tradition of educational excellence. Our school is fully accredited by the Indiana Department of Education and AdvancED/North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. Our strong academic program includes the following:
- accelerated or advanced courses in every academic department
- a dual credit program with the University of Evansville and University of Southern Indiana which allows students to receive college credits for a number of courses, transferable to multiple universities and institutions
- Advanced Placement classes in science, math, world language, social studies, fine arts, English, and computer science
- 1:1 technology emphasized in all areas of the curriculum
- four-year world language programs (Spanish and Chinese)
- a range of business-oriented courses
- academic and career counseling at all grade levels
- trade and industry courses offered through a shared-time program with the local public school system
- a resource program for all students
|A = 94.5 – 100%||B+ = 86.5 – 89.49%||C+ = 76.5 – 79.49%||D+ = 66.5 – 69.49%||F = 0 – 59.45%|
|A- = 89.5 – 94.49%||B = 82.5 – 86.49%||C = 72.5 – 76.49%||D = 62.5 – 66.49%|
|B- = 79.5 – 82.49%||C- = 69.5 – 72.49%||D- = 59.5- 62.49%|
Memorial has adopted a school improvement goal that all students will demonstrate academic integrity through their knowledge and application of appropriate practices in academic work and assessments, writing, speaking, use of media, and use of technology. Academic integrity includes honesty in citing sources, sharing work on assignments only when permission is given and prohibits any kind of cheating on assignments and assessments. Academic integrity also charges us to demonstrate responsible stewardship of our gifts and a strong work ethic.
Requirements for Graduation
Students graduating from Memorial may earn an Indiana general diploma or an Indiana CORE 40 diploma with Academic Honors, or a CORE 40 diploma with Technical Honors. Requirements for each of these can be found in our Course Offerings.
Honor roll achievement is recognized at the spring academic awards program. In computing Honor Roll or a grade point average, Lifetime Sports class is not included. Grades for all other classes are computed equally.
High Honors 3.6 – 4.0 grade point average
Honors 3.1 – 3.5 grade point average
Honorable Mention 2.6 – 3.0 grade point average
Please refer to the Student and Parent Handbook for additional academic policies.